Monday, January 12, 2009

A Clean House & Full Heart

Everyone should know these two things about me. 1) I am a horrible house keeper, 2) I have been very unhappy living in CA.

So, that being said. Now that the house is listed and people are coming through, we have to keep the house clean. It looks really nice, I should try to keep this up. I don't walk in and say, "what is that smell." We'll see...

Now that we are officially leaving, I am realizing that there are some very nice people here. My friends from church threw me a little "going away sleepover" at the beach house. How nice. She cooked my favorite meal, and they gave me a karaoke machine! (re-gifting of things no longer used can make other people very happy!) Our friends are planning a great party at my favorite karaoke bar for the last week Ken is in town. Even the KJ is coming in on his day off, just for me! Even the people at work are being nice.

Looks like Jake has found a nice home when we are gone. A single mom with two teenage boys is opening her home to him. It should be a good fit. A friend of mine (and Jake's) from work gave Jake his number "in case he needs bailed out of jail or anything."

Things seem to be moving along. I am hoping that this means this transition will be smooth. We are going to Tucson this weekend to find our dream home. wish us luck. Sell this one, buy another.

1 comment:

Ken Bilderback said...

So ... is this house thing official?